Friday, August 26, 2016

Will To Beast

We're all animals,
bags of water,
we should know better
than to take ourselves 
so seriously.

Seriously.

I could be writing in a
smoke filled jazz club
for all you know.

A young blond woman
helped an older Mexican
woman up some steps with 
a wheelchair...I said: "Nice girl",
she turned her head and smiled.

She didn't call me a misogynist
racist Nazi white 1%er who
should be beaten.....

I gave a nun a ride in a taxi
down the hill.

She didn't say
they were going to come for me.
She didn't say I might miss the
rapture or the second coming,
the one Mary always wanted.
She was a nice lady!

These common things happened
and they were extraordinary
if you've ever noticed precision
in these moments of your life...
meat work....survival..."getting
things done."














1 Comments:

At August 26, 2016 at 4:16 PM , Blogger John Tischer said...

Two lines I left out:


But who wants to live in New York?
I'd rather be where there were people.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home