Friday, June 20, 2014

Estella

I always know when
I’m about to make a fool
of myself with a woman.

There’s a feeling every man
knows, and few understand, 
an electricity that dances 
around the heart and makes
the heart want to show itself.

I’m too old for this, or, much of
anything…but it’s reassuring
that life doesn’t listen to me
and keeps going on, seducing
me to look at what’s happening,
reminding me of everything I
thought I had forgotten.

I had to wait, to be sure…I
didn’t want to make  fool of
myself unless absolutely necessary….

We had said hello a few times…
I stopped her on the street once,
just to ask her name…she told me,
and then looked at me with a look
that said “That’s it?” 

I need to, at least, ask her out.
Acceptance or rejection are not
the issue. Either way, at least I’ll
know where I stand, and then, 
I can get on with my life.

I may not ever see her again.
In that case. these feelings will
remain on the back burner
forever.













2 Comments:

At June 20, 2014 at 1:01 PM , Blogger John Tischer said...

I asked her out and she said yes.

 
At June 22, 2014 at 9:26 AM , Blogger John Tischer said...

She stood me up....what a relief!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home