Thursday, November 7, 2013

Poof #3

Probably a short entry….the flight of
crows has ceased for the moment…
I've removed my hand from the tennis
racket for the time being.  A month, still,
'til I go….might as well pull up a roofer,
a weefer, and take a load off. We're all
adults here, aren't we? (Oops….suddenly
half the people left the room….must have
been the adults)

It's great….I can write anything I want!
Why? Because I'm almost dead and I feel
free  and I'm  already published. Call it
adult onset childhood dementia, if you like.
Really, really….too many words….
not enough meaning.

There's a term for what I'm doing….I don't
know if it's from comedy, or life.  It's called:
"Fuck'n wit ya!" I've had plenty of parents,
teachers, bosses…haven't we all? So, I'm
writing for the little guy….me. Why? Because
somebody's got to speak up for…me And,
since I see no queue waiting to speak for….me,
I guess it's my turn.

I saw a politician on vid yesterday. He was a
retired Republican hit man….Atwater kinda guy.
He wrote a book that affirmed Johnson had
Kennedy killed….but, let's not talk about that now.
The reason why I mention him is that a very important
idea he stated was that politics has to be entertainment
to garner attention.  That's all I need to say about that.

I don't know if you know the joke that has
the punchline: "But, Mr. Shaw, everybody knows
it's turtles, all the way down." My punchline?
Folks, it's straightlines, all the way down.

I was a plumber in South Carolina…(shudder)…
I had a boss that was kinda cool….a cross between
(never mind). He let me work there for five years,
so, he couldn't have been all bad. The point I
leave you with now, ('till the next paragraph) is that
he gave me a bit of advice…

I was on a job, and I had a 1 1/2" water pipe,
in the ground, gushing like "an ass of barbecue"
as they say down there. I called him up for help.
His response, before he hung up the phone,
abruptly, was :   "Don't let it whup you!"





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home