Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cafe At The End Of Time (4.5)



I finally understood what it was about Natricia’s name.
It bombarded me like a shower of coconuts….and, it
was quite simple really….but since if I write more words
it might be better for me, I’m going to do that….

T.S. Eliot taught the concept of the “objective correlative”,
which was that words could be put together to completely
capture an experience so that an other person reading those
words could have that exact experience….well….

My “objective correlative” for the name “Natricia” is
that it is like an article of clothing where the stripes  are not
vertical nor horizontal, but at a 45 degree angle. I haven’t
seen many pieces like that…only owned one shirt myself…
but it is true that, aesthetically, there is something not quite
right about that, as there is something not quite right about
the name: “Natricia”.

So, that’s a lot in a name, and I am in no way suggesting
anything about the person “Natricia” that relates to the
name….although. oddly…and somewhat snarkly, it does…
although Natricia masks her great wisdom and beauty in
sarcasm and shock….she’s a work of art in a name….like
“Beefheart”  and “Zappa”….it’s not just PTS…it’s a
living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home