Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sleep

The twelve hours or more a day that I’m awake
are….like…”Oh, what, this again?’
…not that there’s anything wrong with your world,
it’s just that I’ve had about enough of it…I got it figured
out and it’s way overrated, albeit, ( I always love it when I have
a chance to use that word) there is some fantastic
beauty and fun to be had….but the good
thing about not postponing gratification is that if you get
enough of it, you don’t want
it anymore…which is the privileged position I find myself in.

Sleep is interesting….I get more useful information
from my subconscious…if that’swhat you want to call it…
than from CNN. And it coincides with what the old song
says: “Life is but a dream”….the Buddhists know better
what I’m talking about.

People don’t talk to themselves normally…they only talk
to others and have nothing to say…meanwhile, the internal
monologue is incessant, and they keep the T.V. on…
I talk out loud all the time…I call it: “rehearsal”….in case
I had to have that conversation with somebody in the future…
in case I suddenly become a comedian, or, accidentally,
have an orgasm…

Same as “to be or not to be”….that IS the question…well…
we probably haven’t BEEN much time in relation to eternity…
even less as human….so…what to do with this? I think, the
first thing that happens when you hit the drop zone is to get your
bearings….in my case, that took over twenty years. Everyone was
telling me what to do,but I didn’t listen to them, because I knew
they were stupid….it was almost a plant like
discovery of how to get your leaves out there into the sun…

So, now, having life under my belt, I enjoy sleeping because
it’s like the transition between life and death…my new hobby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home