Friday, May 26, 2017

Maybe

Glen Close in "The Big Chill",
when she's in bed with Kevin 
Kline, her husband, high on
cocaine...he responds to her
drug rant in a rational way,
and she says:  "Maybe."

I'm thinking of saying that now
after anyone has responded to
anything I've said...."maybe."

It could be the conclusion of
any lecture I give..."maybe."

It would certainly be the answer 
to any salesman..."maybe."

If someone asks me if I believe
in anything...."maybe."

"Do you want to get married?"
"Maybe." 
(If only I'd said that then.)

"Do you pledge allegiance to
the United States Of America?"
"Maybe."

It could be sign of an imminent
break down...Brian Wilson,
before he spent thirty years in
bed, would end every discussion
with: "And then can we have world
peace?"

...maybe




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home