Thursday, February 11, 2016

Bathing Suits And Bowling Balls

I've been taking stock lately...
I may not have much time left,
but I'm still not in a hurry.

I sit in the Zocalo drinking coffee.
People pass by and I don't know them.
Sometimes a friend sits next to me
quivering with excitement...
quivering with anger...
quivering with fear.
I say: "there, there..."
and light another cigarette.

I've got a good thing going
ever since my conscience
gave up on me and moved
to Florida.

Death lives next door, he's 
my neighbor. I greet him every
morning, but he needs a shave.

A doggie amigo I know gets
petulant when I don't buy him 
chicken. But, still, he's the best
doggie I've ever known.

There are so many people now,
being "uniquely human" is kind
of a joke.

Luckily, there are many more
comedians.

Will the world end?
What will happen in the stock 
market?
I notice these questions only when
I'm not staring into the sun.

I just start a poem, when, it seems,
I've gotten to the end... oh, yes,
and, balloons.
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home