Saturday, February 6, 2016

Good Vibrations

Great sunny day...
Carnival about to go crazy...
(several people die each year)...
...nice chili relleno, coq au vin later...
putting on weight because of the M&Ms...
arranchera marinating in the fridge for 
tomorrows fiesta.

I'll miss the Superbowl; wanted to see
the Broncos, but afraid they'll lose.
So, fiesta instead with, at least, two
good men...less than a few, but two
is all I need...itself a miracle in this 
dark age.

Listening to the Beach Boys...happy music
when there was still time to be happy and
the future looked rosy. Sure, there was
Vietnam, but it wasn't my war. I didn't lose
anything in Vietnam.

"Hang on to your ego." They wouldn't let
Brian get away with that lyric...he went crazy
soon after...spent the next thirty years in bed.
Can't say that I blame him.

I spent more years than that drunk...I don't
feel guilty. Nice now not to drink in my new
life...a surprise gift from nowhere. Nice to be
able to still write silly poems. If it seems to me
I'm talking to myself, I just call it rehearsing.

A flower is natures way of telling you to
lighten up.





1 Comments:

At February 6, 2016 at 11:18 AM , Blogger John Tischer said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home