Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Plumbing Poem, The Last Sewer I Ever Unstopped

It was a house in Fort Collins, Colorado…a young 
couple lived there…the sewer went out the back,
the main in an alley about 150 feet back…close to
the limit of my machine. I got it unstopped. When I
pulled the cable out, it was infested with condoms 
and cotex. Philip Glass was a plumber before he
became a musician…a friend of mine was his
apprentice for a while. He told me that Philip Glass 
never wanted anyone to ever know he had been a 
plumber.

2 Comments:

At March 24, 2015 at 4:57 PM , Blogger John Tischer said...

Ergo, the last sewer `i ever unstopped was Philip Glass.

 
At March 24, 2015 at 5:13 PM , Blogger John Tischer said...

I have great unstopping sewer stories....one, in South Carolina, where we dug up the pipe outside, I smashed it with my banner to open it, and a column of green liquid smashed me in the face.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home