Monday, July 28, 2014

Coming Attraction

Hey, good title for a poem, but that’s not
what this one’s about….it’s about a three
day adventure into Mexico City to get my
passport renewed, which might not seem
that interesting, but, I bet it will be.

Coming into Mexico the last time, `i decided
to stay in a hotel because it was so late…the
hotels have kiosks in the terminal, and the one
I chose, the Geneve, had nice furniture, so, I
sprung for it. This was a serendipitous move,
because `i discovered later, when, I knew I 
would have to stay at a hotel for the passport,
that if I booked the room at the airport, it was
half price. And, the hotel happens to be a ten
minute walk to the embassy.

So, I get a Mexico City fix.  There’s a Chinese 
restaurant next door…first thing I noticed when
I got out of the cab….so, and this is plumber’s 
logic ± if you notice something good right away,
chances are, there’s more good stuff there. 
Same for bad, actually. This trip will cost me
a few bucks…..hopefully not much consternation.

I will document it….might as well get something 
out of it. I will go in next Tuesday, after `i get my
fresh laundry and pack my bag.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home