Thursday, March 6, 2014

“How I’m Supposed To Be.” by Everybody Else

My father taught me
the truth is the most important thing.
I grokked that.
The rest of his world view,
Social Darwinist, pragmatism,
the pyramid scheme view
of developing world, didn’t 
jibe with my experience, like,
I was born with different eyes.
I was confused by the cornucopia
of beliefs of the people around me…
none of them seemed helpful or sane.
They wore their beliefs like armor,
to get them from one situation 
to the next. Maybe I believed 
everything for a while…maybe
that’s why I was scared shitless.

Meditation cut through all of that…
it only took forty years…a bargain…
now that I can look back on it.

De Chirico’s steam engines showed
me what was going on…Dali’s 
melting watches..assassinations…
while the mainstream steamed along
into a bright future, I saw the glaze
that hung in the air, in the eyes,
in the hearts of hopeful people 
trusting in a dream…it’s still that way,
but not for me….would you take advice
from a sheeple? I would feel distain 
If I wasn’t born from the same womb.
Just don’t ask me to believe
a word you say.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home