Thursday, February 27, 2014

Carnival

I’m not young,
and I don’t think
I’m going to live 
forever.

This week in Tepoztlan,
as in Sao Paulo, is a week
of celebration, revelry, same
as Mardi Gras in New 
Orleans.

Some people will die here,
this week…letting go at 
Carnival sometimes means
blood letting.

Carnival means a way of
looking at life…a way of
being alive. It’s an old meme
for how they are at this
time.

Santa Muerte…some people
here worship death..I think
that’s fair enough….It’s just
trying to cover another base 
of the unknown.

Sweat Lodge, Sundance, peyote
ceremonies of all kinds…kitsch,
trash, culture….raw boned reality….
all the confusion and wisdom, all
of it, on the level of beans and rice
and tequila, simply because they
were born and they remember……
…on the hoof.

I will dwell in my hermitage this 
week as this storm of life passes.

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home