Monday, September 30, 2013

"Wake up...time to die."


That was Leon in Blade Runner.
I'm not pulling my punches any more…
there are no bets left to hedge.
I'm pulling out all the stops:
humanity is on the verge of an
inévitable extinction.
I'm not Chicken Little…
the sky IS falling:
the gourd of ashes is about to
tip over.
Forget about the wars.
Forget about personal plans.
Do you look around you?
Do you want to wind up
like the victims of the World
Trade Center…suddenly dust?
Or, would you prefer some warning?
Would you rather be tenderly aware,
or completely oblivious?
For most people, that is a rhetorical
question…..my dears, reality is
slapping you in the face.
Enlightenment is ordinary life
without the delusion of discursive mind…
without the tyranny of ego. 
If you are that, neither life or death
is an obstacle. There is no where to go…
which is a magic feeling, as a Beatle said.
Wake up while there is still time.


(P.S.
I sent this to Obama)












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home