Sunday, August 25, 2013

Life Right Now

I never parted my hair
and I do dare to eat a peach...
I am old...nothing left
to keep up appearances....
recognizing the fiction is supreme.

"even my  sadness has changed...
as if I were not my own"*....
even as the evening sleeps so tenderly...

"I am no Price Hamlet, nor was meant to be..."
but I still can see...
we all can see.

The tender flowers outside my window...
The four foot tall wrinkled Donias that walk
the streets on their lives' errands.....
the confused gringos on vacation, not knowing
why they are anywhere...
the ex-pats with their very good reasons....
the Tepoztecos guarding their homeland.....

these people lost in a fiction not of their own making.


* Salvador Quasimodo



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home