Monday, November 26, 2012

The Norwegians Will Pick Me Up


I like Transtromer, and they will want to
Herald me and take me to their cold climate,
Yelling and dancing it up and pouring liquor
Down my throat, all of us ripping roasted meats
In a gigantic unending banquet, and then a moment
Of silence is called and I am compelled to say
A spontaneous piece:

“Oh Patrons,” I grovel, “I love you filthy beasts!”

(a murmur from the crowd)

“And let me assure you I relish your astounding
display of pagan enjoyment…that there is room
for viscous viscera’s viciousness in the play that
is the thing. So, well done! And, on with the show!”

Stunned…(a not uncommon Norwegian thing)…
they let me get away with it and pay all my expenses. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home