Friday, June 15, 2007

Thought #3

Leaving Vermont for Mexico for another six month stint. "How's that working out for ya?" That's a very useful phrase....
when someone tells you a long story about themselves and you don't really know how to respond. An alternative is:
"Let's not talk about that now." Very useful. Fog again...and crows. Most of what I write is creative...I just don't have that much information so I have to make things up. "Bobo" in Spanish, silly, is what I am. I used to be more serious, but that didn't work out for me very well. Let's not talk about that now. The internet is so rich, has so much you can do with it...I'm an old fart, but my daughter has the keys to unlock a few doors for me. I saw a video on youtube yesterday...line dancing to "In a godda da vida" sp.? It was a minute of pure bobo fun. I don't know how they did it with straight faces. I saw Iron Butterfly in St. Louis around 1970. They were billed with the Grateful Dead. Iron Butterfly won the coin toss, so they played first. Never did see the Dead....the dope was too strong. The US government was reeling at the time...had no idea how to deal with the
awakening that was happening to my generation. But soon enough they found their guns and killed the Black Panthers and infiltrated the Weathermen and sold heroin and speed to the hippies, and, Bob was their uncle. We might be looking at a police state soon....don't you scoff....it can't happen here? Read Sinclair Lewis's book of that name...it sure as hell can.
That's why I'm in Mexico. It's a chaotic and corrupt country, sure...but nobody really wants a revolution there. There's too much passion. They live life too much to be obsessed with causes, although they have their share. It's a good place to learn to relax. Try it sometime.

My Generation

People try to put us d..d..down
Just because we need walkers to get around.
I'm not tryin' to cause a b..b..big sensation
talkin' 'bout my gerontization.
Things they do are all so cold...
hope I die before I get too old.
Why don't y'all fade away?
Don't try to dig what we c..c..can't
remember we say.
I'm not tryin' to cause a big sensation
talkin' 'bout my rapid aging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home