Sunday, May 20, 2018

Observations Of A Diminishing Return

My hair’s ok, but my timeline
is receding…..
I dress as a clown and all people 
notice are my clothes…
I remember I read a lot of good books…
I can’t remember how I did what I did;
how I survived childhood,
how I drove through Boston in a step van,
how I survived working with criminals,
how I went to new cities and started over,
how I helped build four buildings in ten weeks,
how I found my way to Mexico.

Not that it matters, really…as Issa said:
“We all go this way.”

The pressure’s off to be a certain way.
At present, a day is just another day.

“Oh, that fell off too!”
…slapstick deconstruction.

Is that the goal I see, or, just the finish line?
I guess I’m blessed not to worry about the time
I have now or have left.

What’s done is done, so stick a fork 
in me ‘cause I am.  The rest is gravy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home