Saturday, November 7, 2015

Religion And Philosophy

Religion and philosophy are garbage.
The study of them is called "garbage collection."

Threaten someone's garbage, (Islam, for
example), and the garbage collectors feel
threatened, angry, abused, and other reactions,
clinging to their garbage, whether it is stinky,
or sweet smelling....they solidify their reaction
into strong emotions.

Instead of looking at the unknown in the face,
the garbage collectors try to put a face on
the unknown, which is called worshiping garbage
to prop up their precarious existence,
or, as poet Ann Waldman put it: "Putting make up
on empty space."

You notice I don't say: "I believe all beliefs
are garbage".... that doesn't make sense,
is a joke. I say what I say as an affirmation,
a statement of fact in my own experience and
perception, in other words, what I perceive
to be true.  That's all anybody can do. 

Buddhism is neither religion, nor philosophy.
It is a path, (road map), that utilizes practical
and concrete means to awaken the natural,
organic wisdom inherent in all human beings. 

1 Comments:

At November 8, 2015 at 6:39 PM , Blogger John Tischer said...

Buddha said: "Don't believe in anything I tell you. Decide for yourself what's true and what's not."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home