Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Mango And Four Cigarettes


I went to the store, bought four
cigarettes and a mango....this will
prove anything is the basis for a poem.

I came home, put the mango into the
refrigerator so that later I could slice it
and eat it cold….got me yet?

One of the cigarettes is in my mouth
on fire.  The other three wait in reserve
for the Zulus…am I coming through?

I'm enjoying this picture, whatever it is,
except for the very real compressor filling
the air with noise from next door…

jack-hammering my reverie into random bits….
Rinpoche walking by smiling, saying hello;
David and I frozen in our suits holding 
ice cream cones….

…the first night in Mexico….so strange it
absorbed me.

…the Quinenteneros celebration where I was 
completely out of place but totally accepted…

…so many shards of moments of visions
triggered by a simple action…thus worlds
unfold if we even bother to look at this one.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home