Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Note To The Children



I like being old and drunk at 64 in the AM
in Mexico, August, 2013, hearing the church
bell ring, the neighborhood snoring soundly.
I like being at the end of time when you can
read the news about a baseball player, then
see your neighbor gun down a few people or
drive his tractor into a bank lobby why not..
so, my being here now, seeing the world through
my computer I intoxicate because it's all I can take,
as most of you others are right now experiencing.

it's six, and the bells and bombs are going off...
it's Tuesday, so, must be a saint or something...
nothing else is as irrational.  hell....do they know?
Is this the way they divide their time so they know
when they are drunk?  That must be a yes.

I like being drunk at 6 AM...listening to Alligator....
you can't touch this.  You could join me now...it
would be easy....just touch my electrons, Baby.

The sun's not up....I'll go to bed before it does.
If you remember the trips, this was....still is...one
in a car driving....on your ass remembering...it's still
a trip.  I think we're all on the road now...because

none of us anymore....increasingly.....knows where
we are...

"This is the way the world ends...
not with a bang, but with a whimper."  T.S. Eliot




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home