Friday, January 4, 2013

Cafe At The End Of Time (5.0)



I always led with my chin in relationships. I’m
a real nice guy, but a drunk…so I achieve a certain
balance.  I asked my Buddhist teacher once what the
difference between men and women was, and he said:
“Men are stupid and women are crazy.” He said it…
I just wrote it here so you could read it. But I loved 
women…a lot of them…what are you going to
do when you’re alive? Work for the future?  You can
only do that now anyway…

                                            ****

I don’t see how I can write prose, because I don’t see
any reason for anything happening, except for what
happened just before it…I don’t see any development
at all…that’s why I write poetry…that’s why I like
photography. The myth of “progress” was the greatest
one perpetrated in the history of man. It goes against
every ancient wisdom. It was a whip in the form of a word.
It replaced “slavery”, which became a bit too obvious
and embarrassing. …and it did the job just fine.”


The Scene:   Bob’s “Televisions-For-Chains” outlet.
Peoria, Illinois….”Come On Down and cast off those
chains for a fifty inch,  HD, flat screen TV, computer
ready, and a years FREE satellite hook up!”  

It’s really great that we won all those wars so we could
finally have peace and freedom….wait a minute…

                                       ****

Pierce Arrow could have gotten any job he wanted. It’s
not that he was highly accomplished…it just seemed that
he must be. He and his buddy, Lance Bruno, started a
consulting company in San Diego. They took money from
people and told them they could do anything they want.
That was it…it was that simple. And hundreds of people
paid for what they offered. They called their franchise:
“Yes,  I Am” It was bought out and changed it’s name
to “Disney AM…(a wholly owned subsidiary cartel of
Scientology  @)”

                                          ****

Don’t get me started about Scientology….a religion?
made up by a science fiction writer?   Isn't that already
redundant?   Please…..

                                           ****

I had to pause. I needed another drink for one thing, and
the writing wasn’t coming that easy. I had just watched
the first part of “The Hobbit”, a bootleg on my computer,
and I was feeling a little over stimulated.

Karmaflage….just a word I made up now…might come
in handy…or in colors everywhere…

maybe I should just time myself at the key board…two
hours a day for x days….then I could just title the book:
“2000 Hours Of Writing.”  that’s a grabber…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home