Thursday, June 24, 2021

Just hanging...

 

…plenty of rope, so I’m not too nervous…

all I have is time…

to watch the pot boil over

to watch the storms coming in,

the rain coming down,

the sweet pit bull in the backyard

that I drop a hot dog to now and then.


All this talk about unidentified flying 

objects.


What about the things we see 

in front of our eyes

we can’t identify?


What about all the media and internet

smorgasbord of words in which it’s

impossible to find the truth?

Do we even recognize the truth when

we see it?


But, I digress…


I see that stuff, and I feel it.

I’m not in the middle of it because 

I’m in Mexico.

What’s happening has affected my friends 

and family in ways it’s hard to believe.

It feels like a Civil War, even far away,

even as I look out the window at the

canopy of trees, casitas dotting the

hillside, cries of children.


It’s a war of words, carefully chosen

and sophisticatedly edited to go off

in your brain again and again,

just ask Goebbels.


Just thinking out loud….this is what’s

going one in my brain right now. 

Everyone’s got one.

I bet some of it sounds familiar.


In the movie, “Dr. Strange”, there is a 

scene where a monk hands him a slip

of paper. On it, he reads the single word: 

“Shamballa” “He asks,”What’s this, my

mantra?” Then, the monk says some

words I CAN’T UNDERSTAND! which is

very frustrating.


Just a day in the life.


Most peoples’ words don’t make sense 

to me; like we’ve all just come down from 

the Tower of Babel. It’s a strange thing or

just my old age….I won’t argue that point…

…and so it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home