Thursday, September 10, 2020

It’s Still Carpe Diem After All These Years


In fact, it’s even more so now. As Dwight D.

Eisenhower said: “Things are more the way

they are now than they ever were before.”

He was a Zen General.


A lot of my generation felt we were doomed…

many took the Dionysian rout, deranging their

senses to see what was on the other side,

Having the time was our inheritance.


Many died, but some like me, lived to be 

what you’d call elderly.

I’m as surprised as anyone.


Now, every day is a day I’m there, albeit,

still, nothing much happens, but I see it.


The rainbow oil slick in a puddle after a rain.

People I don’t remember meeting call me 

by name…

they are all beautiful.


Even not knowing much Spanish, I can 

make Raphael laugh, at the food stand.


My life went off like clockwork because 

I wasn’t watching the clock and learned

to trust my intuition to lead me through

the maze of livingtime.


I could go on here, but maybe I’ll go on

there and be back a later now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home