Saturday, August 31, 2019

Ramble For The Hell Of It

Abbie Hoffman, that magnificent manic/
depressive, gave me the idea…why not?
if I was on drugs, it might be better…
maybe we should all work about ten years
high on meth and then retire to golden
years…..maybe not…I came as close as I
could that I can tell you…worked at 
meditation centers for 13 years…that was 
no picnic, but it was a great feast..and…
I’ve got Nothing to show for it! What a deal!
Got more than I could even have known to
ask for! I can’t prove it!

I feel like when I was growing up in Winfield 
thirteen just not bouncing off the walls the
way I was then…all those years in between…
the cavernous smoke filled echoing concert
halls of the sixties…dharma center crazy 
wisdom of thirty years…Mexico and
unwinding…unraveling…slowing down…
stopping.

Everyone feels there’s something missing.
Buddhists call it enlightenment to give it 
a name. Whatever you call it, you have it…
it’s just “missing”…temporarily misplaced.
That’s so hard to get people to understand.
If it wasn’t already known to you, you 
wouldn’t feel like something was missing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home