Monday, September 4, 2017

Decadent Noir

"You can't fool me with your mirrors.
I know what I see when I see me in 
your eyes. Your husband was right,
and that's why you killed him. That's
right, I know. Because you read like 
a condensed version of Life in
Reader's Digest. You might as well
have a shot of my bourbon and one
of my morphine, if you really need
relaxing. Then, you can tell the whole
story into my tape recorder, nice and
slick, like the hose you're wearing."

"I might as well. There's enough of his
blood on me to open a bank. Nothing
they could do to me could be worse 
than living with him. I thought i could
get you to do it for me. I guess I was 
wrong."

"You were wrong alright, and two of 
those make a....hey, wait a minute!
Don't start with your mystique on me!
Don't make that mistake!"

"Well, OK..."  And she told me the 
whole story leading up to and including
the murder of her husband. I think it was
the morphine that loosened her lips. 

I didn't call the cops for two weeks. By
that time, we were both ready to go to 
jail, Switzerland.....where ever.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home