Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Volunteer

I raise my hand.
I volunteer to frog-walk
myself into the ocean.
I've had a miracle life...
meeting great enlightened beings...
following the path to enlightenment...
the rest is unnecessary gravy.

I've helped a lot of beings...
written enough poems...
fixed enough toilets...
I'm old enough...that's it!

I'm tired of eating and pooping...
enough already with pleasure!
I'm finished with suffering...
I cede my place on earth to another.

Let all useless people follow me...
let all egomaniacs follow me...
let all psychotics, killers, rapists
follow me...
let the one percent follow me...
let the people in control of others
follow me...

Let the politicians follow me...
let the clergy follow me...
let the CEOs follow me...
let the generals follow me.

Together, arm in arm, we walk
into the ocean...knowing the world
will be better off without us.
It's the least we can do, and the most.
We had our chance and blew it, or not.
It's time for others to have a go.

You get the idea because 
you see the situation...
not a pretty picture.

As Bob Dylan sang: "You'll find out 
when you've reached the top, 
you're on the bottom."
So, let's try to  put things right...
let's wave goodbye together 
in the waves.
The ones that are left will thank us, 
respect us: that's the only way 
that will happen...
maybe the only way 
we can respect ourselves.

I'm old and ready.
If you're old and still want more...
if you're evil and still want more...
if you're crazy and still want more...
if you're powerful and still want more...
if you're selfish and still want more...
you'll never get enough, so, give up
before that last spark of goodness 
goes out...
and you find yourself in space
screaming...
forever.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home