Tuesday, September 1, 2015

In Medias Res

An epic convention, means
starting in the middle, like
The Iliad and the Odyssey.

Yes, that's always where we
start, otherwise, there would
be no hospitals to receive us
out of the womb, no matter that
they were playing the blues 
while we were being born.

How much time does it take to
get hip to the trip, to get right
with the scene?

I had a good upper middle class
place to grow up in and begin to 
look around. My parents, because 
they were from before, tried to keep
it together while it was slowly begining
to break down.

My father, one of the "Best Generation"
was totally cool, except wrong time, 
wrong place to bring us up in suburbia,
which was soon to be a bad deal.

Sometimes you wonder; "How much time
do I have left?" I think it's how you measure 
it.....coffee spoons or, pitchforks?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home