Tuesday, April 7, 2015


Getting Into My Childhood

Each morning is like Saturday
with the cartoons, which there 
aren’t anymore, but, internet 
is as good as that, even better,
because now you can get anything,
what you had, what you want, what
you can imagine……it’s all there so,
childhood’s end…
childhood’s beginning…
each day now has that freshness…
because I don’t know now how much
time I have or wherewhithal to sustain
this particular life I think of as mine….
the end is never easy…better it be quick,
I say, so, I’m coaxing my liver and stomach
to kill me softly or, in a place where pain
killers would be effective….I’m just saying….

Oh, what precarious life we lead....
oh, what precarious life we lead
future empty    we proceed...not
depression...not based on doubt
we face it, we both know already
how this story turns out, unless 
you're Jerry IceCream with half
a billion
in the bank. It's good I'm busting
the time thing....German habit...
once and for all...and the sores on
arms that won't heal...like Trungpa 
had because he  drank so much, so,
what I'm saying and wondering
is where is my fucking deus ex
machina?

no, this has been fun and unusual
because I'm unusually up now at
this time like a deer in headlights
thinking my time is short, no, knowing
that and cherishing every final moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home