Friday, March 13, 2015

Derren Brown Addendum

I was having a conversation with
my dear friend, a teacher, musician,
composer. He told me how he taught
young kids…interestingly. After many 
years of doing this, and, it  only worked
with about thirty percent of the students,
about the same percentage of people
susceptible to Mr Brown's techniques,
he found a switch that turned on, what
he calls “Knowledge soul.” so that the
child  could be able to absorb
the particular information. Finding the
switch depended in part on the empathy
he felt with the student.

I have an inkling of what my friend meant
based on my own experience. I was a
plumber for more than thirty years. Many a
Monday morning I would wake up with
the thought . "I don't know how to be a
plumber". But, invariably, when I got to
the job and looked at the work, I would
just start working automatically....as if
the skill had become subconscious.

My friend had other information from
teaching and sales. You don’t go past
the third negative reaction. Up to twenty
five and  after sixty are the susceptible
years…those are the group you pick
from. You need to recognize a high I.Q.
that will react quickly in a situation.
Darren  Brown reads people very quickly.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home