Sunday, April 27, 2014

Triumph Of The Id



Triumph Of The Id

Will didn’t win…
the Id did.
Id, elevated to
star status, visioned
instantaneously
everywhere as an
echo on a screen…
monsters from idiot Id…
no curbing the 
raw rampage
of beauty parlors
Shopping Mauls
theme parks for 
every dream,
Ponzi plans
for every scheme.
Id emerging like
the latest fad…
(but fads are not
just for fun anymore)…

Mass murders are
a fad in the American
way, because most of 
the perpetrators don’t
know why they do it.
Hamburgers taste good.

The Id gone mad in a 
twittering, tweeking, twerking
St. Vitus dance of 
trivial splendor, 
a Barfissistic (1) orgy of nonsense.

A baser instinct has taken over.
“even my sadness perhaps has changed,
as if I were not my own…
forgotten, even by me.” (2).



1. A Barfissist is a person in love 
with their own vomit.

2. Salvador Quasimodo poem:  
"Even my company forsakes me"












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home