Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Letter #1

This is a letter to un-named people about the so called
"Cafe At The End Of Time"   piece:


"I really don't know about writing prose....if it has to be structured and outlined...

I'm not even trained as a writer....or as an anything, for that matter....mostly,
I'm an auto-didact....plumbing, acting, writing, teaching..............

I could rehearse a play for six weeks and perform,,,,I could study and practice
to prepare to teach a Shambhala weekend ...for a month beforehand....

I spent ten weeks building four buildings at Shambhala Mountain Center,
and we got done in time.....

....but prose....structuring my thoughts even into a narrative that has a time sequence
among other forms of organization just does not seem to fall within my ken....

....so, I might just plow forth until entropy takes hold....

I might just inner tube down the river 'til I make it past the rapids or drown....

I might wander out into the streets of Tepoztlan late at night, drunk,
whining for a diner where I can get a hamburger and a malt....

......I'm just saying...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home