Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Father Taught Me How To Ride A Bicycle And He Taught Me How to Act


My father took me to a street which was
long enough and had no traffic to help
me learn to ride a bicycle. He held the
bicycle with me on it so I wouldn’t fall
over. As we went together….which only
was a couple of minutes….I got the
sense of balance and pedaling…I pedaled
faster than my father could keep up
with me….that’s when I knew I knew more
than he did.

My father was an honest lawyer…...knew the law….
knew the judges because he grew up with them in the
streets of Chicago…..saw the same killings in the streets,
and so forth. He would go into a court and the judge
would say: “Hi, Irv, how are you?” The other lawyers’
jaws would drop. My dad would reply something like “Thank
you, Your Honor, very well.” or something. That’s just
one of the acting tips myfather  gave….

But why just be a lawyer…why not be anything…
that’s what I thought and why
I got into acting……Buddhism, for that matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home