Saturday, July 23, 2011

Nice Denouement

Last couple of days in NYC, yes,
ate more good food…hung out with
Dellon, young friend of Gile’s, guitariste,
like a very warm, sharp knife blade of
New York awareness.…then, a friend of his,
Tara, a dancer, to whom I wanted to explain and
discuss a dance idea I had, but, dazzled by her
presence, I flopped, but she was so kind
and fun that it didn’t matter….young, fresh,
brilliant, sparkly Buddhists… mmmmmm….
very cool…lunch with Giles and Gymbal,
his girlfriend, and a my age/era Trungpa woman
student, just totally delightful and lunch was
delicious…

a close member of my family died while I was
visiting them in New Hampshire…and a couple
I knew in New Jersey got engaged…I told my family
I would do a sukavati, a Buddist practice for people
who have died, when I got back to Mexico,…the
person that died was a Marine, and his ashes were going
to be buried at Arlington cemetery.
The day after I got home, I prepared for the Buddhist
ceremony for the ex-Marine.
At the exact moment I sat down
to begin the sukavati for Gordo, someone
working outside, a random neighbor,
whistled “taps”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home