Monday, September 10, 2007

At the Tamale Shop

I had a few cervesas
Waiting for tamales.
That kept happening till
I was borracho, so….
I’m not sure if it’s
success or failure…
That’s how you feel by then.

I’m determined for tamale…
If I die tonight it will be
With a tamale sticking out
Of my mouth.
If that seems odd or
Irrational or some other way,
I can only sympathize with
Your lack of humor.

Tamale, tamale, I love you
Tamale….more because I
Can’t have you….you tease
Me with your non-existence.

I don’t want to seduce you
I just want to be friends…
But the lack of tamale
Has me at loose ends.

I’m German by nature.
I plan my time carefully…
This waiting for tamale
Is turning me Mexicali.

Many times you’ve said:
“You are a patient man”.
My Buddhist name is Patience…
I’m glad you think I am.

I have the coldest beer,
My cigarettes are fine…
Still waiting for tamale,
Tamale on my mind.

. . . . . . . .

I ate many tamales.
I forgot my own name….
Walking in the street of light
Filled with tamale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home