Wednesday, August 8, 2007

News From Tepoztlan

A slow Viola Lee Blues on the balcony as rainy season clouds move in over the mountains, scraping themselves on the peaks. I’m enclosed in green fulsomness like an Ernst painting…Mother Nature not having a problem here asserting herself at the moment. It’s like a giant outdoor opium den….a Xanidu if you can catch the drift of the dream. The news is all good here because there isn’t any. Desayunos at my girlfriend’s casa…she collects all kinds of strays….dogs, cats, teenagers…I guess I fit in to that paradigm. I’ve never enjoyed my life so much as I do here. It’s about time…before too late happens. I decided to forget about the future….now I’m in free fall, but it feels like I’m flying. Charley came here 25 years ago from San Francisco in a bus full of clowns…real ones…and never left. It seems like he never came down from that last acid trip, but it worked out for him somehow. Give people the right environment and you never know what
flowers or fruit will come out of them. Maybe that’s the idea behind the garden of Eden. “We’ve got to get back to the garden” Joni Mitchel sang. …that’s a long way from Real Politik….but those people will destroy themselves…we know that now. ….pretty basic and transparent.

Tepoztlan feels pressure to change, sure it does. Money finds something good and destroys it in the name of progress… like what’s happening at Zipolite…invasion of the paradigm snatchers….night of the Living Bread. …but right now this place is still somewhat hidden.
I hope it remains so for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home