Thursday, January 3, 2019

The Shit Eaters

The truth is beautiful because it’s real.
There are a lot of shit eaters out there.
It seems my audience doesn’t like 
hard truth expressed in poetry;
what do they want to hear?

Lotus eaters, shit eaters, same thing…
they can’t tell the difference
between what they eat,
and the truth…very sad indeed.
That's why Odysseus's men
became pigs.

Some of my used to be best friends
are shit eaters. 
Would you hang out with someone
you loved, but ate shit all the time?
I don’t think so….you’d quickly run out
of perfumed handkerchiefs, what the 
Europeans used ’til they discovered
plumbing.

In fact, it’s the Age of shit eating.
I saw a publication, years ago, 
(this is fact), an underground sex
rag extolling the virtues of eating shit.
I know some who would want a
subscription.

The opposite of true is false.
The opposite of healthy food
is shit. So why do people eat it?
Because their heads are full of it.

I didn’t create the truth….
I just report it.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home